Saturday, June 29, 2013

Music Friday - 6/28/2013

I meant to post this yesterday, so just... pretend I did, kay?

Happy Friday, everyone!

Since this is my blog and I can do what I want, I've decided to borrow a feature from another blog I visit occasionally. Every Friday(ish), I plan to post a couple songs that are getting heavy rotation. Feel free to listen, comment, make suggestions, whatever.

This week, I present to you the following:

So I download a lot of indie rock sample playlists and that's how I discover some of the music that I like. Last year, on one of those playlists, I discovered a song called "Wichita Lineman" by a band called The Feeling and fell in love with it. I was like, "Wow, this song sounds so 70's!"

Well, I later found out that's because it is from the 70's (er, 60's). Embarrassing! The track I had downloaded was actually a cover of a Glen Campbell song from 1968. Turns out even I don't know everything.

But then this year, I discovered this song! This one also sounds very 70's, but this time I'm pretty sure it's new. If I'm wrong I'll eat my hat.

Someone on Youtube (do as I say, not as I do, and never read comments on Youtube) said this about it, which is dead on: "this song feels like the eagles, fleetwood mac and steely dan all in one!!"



I don't have a fun, funny or interesting story for this one, it's just awesome. Straight up pop and catchy as hell. Enjoy bouncing about to this one! Enjoy your weekend, y'all.

No comments:

Post a Comment